Special Conference Sydney Best Proposal Prize
The Strategic Management Society is pleased to present one outstanding paper with the Special Conference Sydney Best Proposal Prize. Finalists will be informed before the conference and will be highlighted in the Program Booklet. The winner will be announced at the conference and will be presented with a commemorative certificate. The Prize Committee will base their decision on the following criteria:
- Soundness of the conceptual development
- Originality and new contribution(s)
- Appropriate methodology well applied
- Relevance to management practice
- Relevance to the conference key themes
SMS Sydney Special Conference Award
"Outstanding Strategic Management Scholar in the Asian Century"
This award is linked to the theme of this year's Sydney SMS Special Conference on "Strategic Management in the Asian Century" and, hence, an award for recognizing the "Outstanding Strategic Management Scholar in the Asian Century." This special conference award is intended to honor the highest level of achievement in strategic management research by a scholar in the thematic area related to strategic management in the Asian century.
- The recipient can be a scholar or a practitioner and the award recognizes excellence in the application of theory and research in practice. These include but are not limited to: contributions to knowledge through the extraction of learning from practice; authored scholarly works that have substantively affected the practice of management; and/or the integration of research and practice.
- The recipient has demonstrated sustained leadership in practice and/or scholarly leadership in the thematic area related to strategic management in the Asian century. The recipient has a record of publication and/or professional activity that demonstrates his/her work to be significant and with substantial impact.